Thursday, March 12, 2009

Austin Film Awards

For the past five years, Tracy and I have been asked if we would like to attend the Austin Film Awards. Our company sponsors the parking so we generally get nice seating and for two of the years have had the opportunity to go back stage and have our photo taken with one of the stars.

Trey had to work so my sister, Melanie, came with me. Everyone that we met was so nice. I especially liked the way Kyle Chandler (the coach from Friday Night Lights and also the SWAT team guy that exploded on Grey’s Anatomy) introduced his wife to us and then when he was up on stage. He either screwed up big…or is really just a loving husband (I like to think it’s the latter). Other Friday Night Lights cast that we got to chat with were Brad Leland (Buddy-the annoying coach) and Connie Button (the principle/wife to the coach). Both were very kind and didn’t mind chatting with you.

When it came time to go back stage it was towards the end of the night. Billy Bob came off stage and asked if I would hold his award. I did with a huge smile. Since, I had some adult beverages I proceeded to tell Billy Bob how I thought he was going to be a jerk in person but that he was one of the nicest man I had met. Deniss Quaid made it back stage and we had a photo with him and then Kinky got in the photo too. Overall, the night was fabulous. I owe a big thanks to my sister being the designated driver for the evening!




No comments: