Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blow out.....

Today, I went and met my old junior high/college friend Dana in Giddings to give her some baby items. It was so great getting to visit with her and seeing what a beautiful well mannered daughter her and Justin have raised.


After we left Giddings, I went out to Georgetown to say hello to the boys before I went and borrowed Becky's bike for Vern's Ash Spreading bike ride. On my way to Georgetown, I was on the back road between Georgetown and Weir when I heard a loud POP. Fortunately, there was no one behind me and I was driving slow enough not to lose control. I pulled off into a ditch more less because there was no shoulder on this road. I called Trey and he told me I needed to put the truck on level ground so that my dad could get the tire off so we could take it back to Discount Tire. Kennedy was in the back seat sleeping, but soon woke up. Dad was at the grocery store and quickly came to my rescue. A man stopped to ask if I was o.k. and I just let out the cry...saying "My dad is on his way". I guess we never grow out of having our parents come rescue us. We(Dad) got the tire off and we took it to Discount.All that the new tire cost us was $23.50 for the replacement warranty....and dad picked the bill up. What a blessing to have him there.

No comments: