Friday, September 26, 2008

Lockhart vs Gregory Portland

Sherry, Kennedy, and I attended the Lockhart vs Gregory Portland game on Friday, September 26. Trey's cousin Ashleigh is a cheerleader for the school and her boyfriend, Travis, plays swinger/and some other football position. We were able to visit with Ashleigh's mom, Sharon, and her sister Valerie. Her uncle, Dave, and his two boys, Cody and Jake also attended. Kennedy liked it when she got whisked away by Ashleigh, but she wasn't too sure of Travis in that uniform.

Kennedy loved the football game. She clapped and occasionally hollered out some words. When I was taking the photo of her sitting by herself in the stands, clapping her hands and soaking all the entertainment in, I realized just how big my little girl has become. I know I'll turn around and the next thing you know Trey and I will be attending her high school football games. I'm trying to learn to cherish the moments that she still lets me hold her, that she wants to hold my hand when I walk with her, gives me kisses and hugs in public without being embarrassed, lets me hold her so she can fall asleep, wants to sit in my lap and us turn the lights off so we can see the moon and stars that her little turtle projects on the wall, still turns for us for advice or approval, and so on and on...

Oh...the final score Lockhart 13..GP 23














No comments: