Monday, October 10, 2011

Sept

August loves to climb. If it has a bar, she's swinging off it. I caught her today climbing into the bathroom sink of the trailer by using her feet and standing on the small circular knob. Here she goes climbing up the slide with her rabbit and barbie in hands.
Relaxing in the trailer watching Shrek

Movie Star
August is usually the one caught playing in the corn, but this time it was both of them. Kennedy said they wanted a corn floor. They achieved that goal.
We aren't doing anything

August looking angelic while sitting in her bucket of corn for the birds.


More playtime in the corn bucket...as Trey says "the corn bucket is the best invention!"


I think I can bury the barbies in here.



I love to wrap my head with towels or blankets.

August putting her baby to sleep

So, here are the next phases of the remodel. It's almost complete. I freaked out a little after the backsplash was put in, but once we get tile in the kitchen I believe everything will blend nicely. Everytime I walk into the house I can't help but smile!

Since, the doors have been open a little mouse came into the house. I saw it last month in the girls bathroom and this morning it was there again. I just don't deal with little mice very well. Trey came in and set a trap. I'm like a kid when it comes to those things, shaking and jumping up on anything I can to get off the floor.









A double trash bin or trash bin and recycle bin!















Glass is in, now I think I'm going to have to purchase new plates!








Papawa making silly faces.
Kennedy tickling August




Everytime I take August's picture now she tilts her head at first for her pose. Soooo cute!



                 It finally rained. To celebrate, we all ran in it and then the girls played in it.
Kennedy running in the rain

Yeah!

Kennedy and Trey making a lap in the rain.
 I was letting our blow up pool dry when the next thing I know the girls are jumping on it like it's a trampoline. 





Look at the head tilt!

















Maty passed away this month. Explaining death to the girls, or at least Kennedy, is so difficult. My friend, Trish, pointed out that as adults we really don’t understand it fully either so it’s hard to explain.  Maty and the Ron, one of the contractors, dog were playing. Our neighbor on the back side of our house came over to Trey to tell him he believed Maty was on the main hwy. Ron, went and got her for Trey (since Trey was watching the girls). Ron’s dog fortunately appeared back at the house around 8:30. Trey buried Maty in the backyard by the grapes. The next day, Saturday, I told Kennedy that Maty had died and went to Heaven. She cried in my lap saying “ I want my Maty back”.  Sunday, I showed her where Trey had buried her. As we swung on the swing, the questions began “ Why did you bury Maty?”, “Maty , is in heaven with Nanny and Granny?”, “ Did the car squish her?”, “When is Maty coming back?”.  Trying to convey to a child that death is final is hard. All I could tell her is Maty is in Heaven and can hear her when she wants to talk to Maty she can, cause she lives on in her heart. “ Then I kept having to say “baby, Maty isn’t coming back”.  August on the other hand, keeps going out side doing the sign for dog and saying” dog, Dog”……
 
I can suck my toe now.

Sweet girls or maybe not so sweet. We had to leave church because August wouldn't sit still...so we waited outside for Trey. Here they are posing by the statues.







No comments: